Monday, January 12, 2009

WELCOME TO OUR EOI ALMERIA CONVERSATION CLUB

WELCOME TO OUR EOI AlMERIA CONVERSATION CLUB.

We have just started the year 2009 with a new project for former students of EOI Almería.We hope many of you will join and enjoy this Club. First we´ll try to answer some of the questions you will probably be asking yourself:

1. WHAT IS THIS CONVERSATION CLUB?

I´m Rosana Sierra, an English teacher at the Official School of Languages in Almería. At the end of the Third Term last year my students of fifth level and me had a conversation about what their plans to improve their English were once they had finished their studies in this School. The truth is they didn´t have much “future”: they had no plans, they didn´t know what to do next. Of course, this meant they were going to lose their contact with English. Everybody knows that learning a language requires practice and if you stop coming to class you´ll probably have no other opportunity to practise your English. This Conversation Club tries to keep you in contact with the English language.

2. HOW DOES THIS CLUB WORK?

Every Friday you have a new text in this blog (it can be a piece of news, a recent article, an extract…) together with some activities and questions so that you can prepare it at home. Of course, the aim is that you work with it by looking up the difficult words and by learning new vocabulary and expressions. You also have to prepare the discussion and think of possible topics related to it. There will also be a writing you may do and send to my email address. Of course all these activities are optional but you will be better prepared for the discussion if you dedicate some time to them.
Every Wednesday at 20:00 we´ll get together in classroom 4.4, talk about the text and try to put into practise what you have been preparing along the week.

3. WHICH STUDENTS CAN JOIN THE CLUB?

This Conversation Club is for former students who have finished 5th level and have no other way to continue practising their English or for students who left school in their last year and are not studying English at the moment, at least not officially.

4. WHAT LEVEL OF ENGLISH DO I NEED TO HAVE?

Really your level of English is not going to be tested. This club is just for practice and everybody knows that the only way to improve your English is by using it. You can learn a lot by joining this club if you work at home and prepare the article, but of course, that´s up to you.

5. HOW CAN I JOIN THE CLUB?

Just send an email to
roxsiba@gmail.com or contact me at school. I´ll need your full name, your telephone number and your email address.

6 comments:

  1. This is the beginning of a beautiful experience, don't you think the same?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you Tweedle Dee. And we are going to learn a lot of English! See you (and hopefully more people)next Wednesday. And do not forget to do your "homework" and read the text;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with you Tweedle Doo and we are going to learn quite a lot. See you (and hopefully more people) next Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have not written anything until now since I am not familiar with blogs. I really belive that it is one of the best news I have recived this year. I mean, to be able to carry on improving my English in the EOI. Since I finished my 5th level, I have had few chances to practice it.
    So, CONGRATULATION TO THOSE WHO HAVE MADE IT POSSIBLE.
    I do not know if I could take part of the first meeting. If not, I will see you in the next one.
    I have to reorganize my timetable.
    SEE YOU SOON.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I’m very happy to join this conversation group. My first words here must be a greeting: thank you, Rosana and Almería EOI crew, for giving us, former students, this opportunity to improve our language skills. Let’s start together.
    P.S. I've got a brand candidate: "Free Speech"
    See you soon ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. HOW WAS THE CONVERSATION CLUB FIRST MEETING?

    I REALLY HOPE IT DEVELOPED FANTASTICALLY WELL...

    ReplyDelete